Welcome Foster Parents!
- I want to learn moreI want to contact someone
Foster Parents = Resource Parents
Thank you for visiting the Foster Parents = Resource Parents section of our website. It’s not curiosity that has led you here. You’re here because you know that you can make a difference. Because you can change the future. Yes, that’s right; you CAN change the future of a child by becoming a Resource Parent to one of the many children in need throughout Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties today.
Like all of our other foster parents, you probably have some questions. So, let’s click over to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section, now.
- Click to read the FAQ
Frequently Asked QuestionsYou probably have several questions about becoming a resource parent and we’re here to provide answers.
Watch video: Learn about Casa Pacifica’s unique assessment and matching program. It's how the right foster children are matched with the right resource parents. Get inspired by true stories from Casa Pacifica's Foster Family clients. Discover how being a resource parent changed their lives and the futures of their foster children. Meet the Foster Care Parenting Program staff. Get a feel for the genuine interest, care and support provided to all of the Casa Pacifica Foster Family clients. And with ongoing support services from Casa Pacifica, new foster families have a dedicated resource to help ensure their happiness and success as a new family.
While we provide answers to the most frequently asked questions, below, we encourage you to contact us for more personalized attention and answers.
- Q: How many children need foster care?
- A: There are approximately 1,500 children in need of foster care throughout Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties.
- Q: What ages are the kids?
- A: Generally school-aged children up to 21 years old.
- Q: How long is the typical placement process?
- A: The process usually takes 3-4 months.
- Q: Is there any support and/or assistance for Foster Parents?
- A: Yes! Casa Pacifica knows each foster family on a personal level. With a dedication to maintaining a warm and welcoming family feel, personal attention to foster families and ongoing training, supervision and hands-on-support, Casa Pacifica stands apart from other agencies.
- More personal attention to the foster families and homes.
- Responsive to the needs and questions of foster families.
- Calls are always returned in a timely manner.
- 24 hour emergency support for all foster parents and families.
- A Master’s level professional is reachable at all times.
- Ongoing training, supervision and hands-on-support and other resources.
You can learn more about what makes working with Casa Pacifica’s Foster Parent program so successful by clicking here. Or, click to continue to the next section.
- Click to Learn What it Takes to Become a Resource Parent
What Does it Take to Become a Foster Parent?
- Could you be a great parent to a child who needs one?
- Do you believe in thinking globally but acting locally?
- Are you are fortunate enough to have resources to share?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you’d be a great resource parent. And because there is a shortage of resources and resource parents, the foster care system needs good parents like you.
Aside from a mandatory 52-hour training program, Casa Pacifica will walk you through the entire process, answer any questions and ensure that you’re ready to become a resource parent. It’s a wonderful, life-changing event for everyone involved and Casa Pacifica will be there to support you.
Read what other resource parents have said about working with Casa Pacifica’s Foster Parenting program.
“The training taught us what to expect, but dealing with it on a day to day basis is very different. The team consisting of a Social Worker, Clinical Therapist, and a Support Specialist have helped us deal with many situations. I can't imagine being a foster parent without this support."- Casa Pacifica Resource Parent
“I have a team which knows what to be expected and teach me and walk with me. Thank you for your support and walking with us.”- Casa Pacifica Resource Parent
Learn why Casa Pacifica is the agency of choice for so many resource parents.
- Click to Learn Why Foster Parents Choose Casa Pacifica
Why Casa Pacifica?
Families deserve every reasonable opportunity to preserve their family unit. Recognizing that the family is the foundation of the community, Casa Pacifica believes that children who live in nurturing, stable environments will mature into healthy, productive members of society. Casa Pacifica provides the foundation to connect kids in need of hope, love, and opportunity with loving, caring resource parents.
Casa Pacifica has an excellent reputation with the State of California, Community Care Licensing, Department of Children and Family Services/Human Services Agency, Ventura County Behavioral Health and surrounding communities. Children are referred to Casa Pacifica based on their reputation as an agency, their training program and their ability to take at-risk youth and place them successfully in specially trained homes.
The Casa Pacifica staff is trained in the SAFE (Structured Analysis Family Evaluation) Home Study, the New Generation Pride Training (Parent Resources for Information, Development and Education) and also provides trauma informed specialty training. Our staff is licensed and license-eligible clinical social workers and other mental health professionals.
Casa Pacifica is ready to help you get started or answer any questions you may have.
Click here and Let’s get acquainted.
- Click to Contact Casa Pacifica
Let's Get Acquainted
Thank you for your interest in learning more about becoming a resource parent. As a resource parent, you’re in good hands with Casa Pacifica and you’ll be changing the future of a child in need.
Please complete this short interest form and a Casa Pacifica staff member will contact you to personally assist.
If you’d like more immediate assistance,
Jason Lim, , LCSW
Program Coordinator, Foster Family Agency and Intensive Services Foster Care
Casa Pacifica Foster Family Agency
751 E. Daily Drive, Ste 320, Camarillo CA 93010
Direct line: 805-914-8901